Everyone who wears braces knows it takes extra care and patience to reach a beautiful result and get those braces off. Then, the minimal effort to keep the teeth straight after braces protects the investment in a great smile to help it last a lifetime.
Here are the top 5 points to remember:
1) Start with expert care. Work with a university trained orthodontic specialist, who knows the details of providing a longest-lasting result.
2) Avoid quick fixes. If treatment has a brief time limit there may not be time to provide the procedures that help your teeth stay straight.
3) Avoid partial corrections. These can allow teeth to shift easily after treatment. If considering clear aligners, be sure to ask your orthodontist what compromises in stability of the teeth might undermine the long-term result, and be ready to deal with these.
4) Use stability techniques. Expert orthodontic care with a specialist can use a variety of extra procedures to help keep teeth straight. This involves special hidden shaping of teeth, select extra correction, and certain gum procedures to name a few.
5) Stay committed to your retainers! Follow all your orthodontist’s recommendations for retainers and how to properly use them. The wide variety of fixed and removable retainers has to be carefully considered and used just as instructed by your orthodontic specialist.
Follow these guidelines for your orthodontic care and you’ll enjoy your healthy, bright beautiful smile for your entire lifetime! That’s something to really smile about! Feel free to ask Dr. Bert more about how to save money on braces with Raleigh Orthodontics. You can call 919-847-6364, or visit www.raleighorthodontics.com.