Updated May 4, 2020
We are beyond ready to get back to work and see everyone that we have missed so much! We hope this letter finds everyone healthy, happy and prepared to ease back into regular routines. Much has changed since we saw you last. We are all still coming to grips with the COVID-19 pandemic and events triggered by it. Nearly everyone has been affected in some way by this crisis. We want to update you on our office, it’s measured re-opening, and the steps we are taking to ensure we do everything possible to keep our patients and our team healthy.
To that end, we will be reopening on Monday, May 18. We will be following rigorous scheduling protocols and office measures to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients, and the team members at Raleigh Orthodontics.
Over the past eight weeks we were forced to cancel thousands of appointments, and we know that there is a strong desire to get your treatment back on track as soon as possible.
All of our patients will be rescheduled as quickly as possible, but it will not be as efficient as we are used to in our office. We ask for your continued patience and understanding over the coming weeks.
In an effort to prioritize active patients based on treatment status and urgency of treatment needs, the doctors and entire team have reviewed and established some new scheduling protocols. During this catch up period, we will not have as much flexibility as we would prefer in rescheduling missed appointments and scheduling new ones.
Unfortunately, we will have to be very firm in our scheduling protocols in order to serve as many patients as possible. Please do your best to accept the appointment times offered. We have already begun rescheduling patients on a first-canceled-first-rescheduled basis, which is fair, efficient, and will serve everyone with getting back on track as quickly as possible.
Our office procedures have temporarily changed and will include the following:
Appointments / Scheduling
- Retainer check appointments will be paused.
- We will deliberately limit the number of patient appointments per day in order to reduce the number of people physically present in our office at any one time.
- Please wait for our office to call you to reschedule your appointments.
- We will continue to be available to see patients with true orthodontic emergencies that are contributing to pain / soft tissue injury.
- Please remain in your vehicle until one of our team members responds to instruct you when to come inside.
- Only the patient that is being treated will be allowed to enter the office. Absolutely no other family members or friends will be allowed inside.
- Your temperature will be taken by a team member using a touchless thermometer. If your temp is over 100 degrees F, you will be asked to leave and not return for the specified 14-day self-quarantine requirement.
- A simple questionnaire assessing contacts, travel, and well-being will be asked of all patients as well. Any patient indicating recent exposure to someone with COVID-19 or having signs and symptoms of the same will be asked to leave, and not return for the specified 14-day self-quarantine requirement. We will send this to patients prior to arrival for digital signature.
- The tooth-brushing station will be used as a hand-washing / sanitizing station required of every patient before being seated. No tooth-brushing will be allowed at this time, please brush before arriving for your appointment.
- The patient restroom will be closed, so please prepare for that before arrival.
- Individuals with multiple broken brackets may not have everything completed during this visit due to strict scheduling times.
- Scheduling of next appointments will happen in the clinic area in an attempt to minimize the need for patients to congregate in the front desk areas.
- We love to chat with you at your appointment. Please understand that conversations will be significantly reduced to allow for social distancing, running on time, disinfection of treatment chairs and instruments, etc.
- During these times there will be no face-to-face interaction with our administrative team members and financial coordinators. Any questions or concerns will be handled via text, telephone, or email.
- We will take the temperatures of every team member, including the doctors, immediately upon arrival at work, and after lunch. Any team member at 100 F or above will go home.
- Every team member will answer the health questionnaire that our patients are required to answer, and will do so every day. If any questions disqualify the team member, they will be sent home following the same procedures we are asking our patients to follow.
We are so grateful for every one of our patients, and this time away has only served to make us even more thankful for each of you. You are the heart of our practice, and this is why we are taking your safety and the safety of our team VERY seriously. These remain very challenging times, and we ask for your patience and understanding. Expect that your treatment progress may have been delayed, as has your estimated completion time. We wish that were not the case, but this is an unfortunate reality.
Please forgive us as we focus on getting each of you back on track while not exposing our team members or patients to unnecessary risk.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call our office. We love all of you, and look forward to seeing you soon!